Topaz clean - some of my crazy stupid thoughts about it

Đăng bởi: Mana Light

Ngày đăng  06:46 14/06/2015

Bài này mình viết bằng tiếng Anh, nói về vài thứ nhỏ nhỏ trong clean manga. Khi nào rảnh mình sẽ viết tiếng Việt. Đặt gạch thôi.

Topaz clean - some of my crazy stupid thoughts about it
1. Why do we need to use topaz clean?
2. Recover details  right before and after topaz clean
3. How to topaz hayate tones - 1300 px

if publisher print manga (which is original black and white(?) in yellow paper), it is fine for eyes to read more.

i always wonder the way publisher make digital manga. maybe something wrong if they only scan the page author draw (with tones) and resize, it is something bad... black and white color and wrong final size (all is 1600 px). it looks inchy for me.

the page author draw >> scan >> print >> physical
the page author draw >> scan >> resize 1600 px >> digital

clean manga is to make page clearly to read. i think it is similar to make manga become digital. (though we used sharp...)

after..... then leveling and resizing page to its final size. the clean page are black and white.
if cleaned page is black and white, it is fine to see 1 page but i think it is harmful to eyes if we see many pages like that.

it is boring if the page only is black and white. let screw it by using topaz clean.

why do we need to use topaz clean? to have grey color (and to make gradient smoother(?))

let check with MTO's to love-ru darkness :
http://bato.to/read/_/227471/to-love-ru-darkness_ch40.5_by_mto/13

tits look good. I DON'T WANT TITS TO BE BLACK. FUFUFU... AWW...

_______

Recover details  right before and after topaz clean
there are rather many cleaners already knew about this or even have better ways to recover and newbie can learn it himself by time too so i do it for someone don't know, it is not that i will lose something.

i'll take a page to do sample. it is manga Hanebado. (its final size is 1300 px high though i thought its size is 1400 px but then i realized that i was wrong )

after doing previous processs like unsharp, denoise, blur,... then the next step is level and resize to 3000 px high
duplicate Layer 1 (alt + j) and use topaz denoise (adjust strength to 1 or what you think it is enough. topaz denoise at size 3000 px high to have tone arranged better) with Layer 1 copy. then resize to final size (1300 px) (for newbie remember that resolution is 72 px/inch)

_______________________________ with Layer 1 copy
after topaz clean, image> canvas size... and fill white in blank erea, then topaz clean and canvas again to crop what was expanded by canvas
__
click here

image >> canvans size and type the number 200 or 100 ... ( >= 16 px) (relative is ticked)

then click here

then fill blank area with white (the area which was expaned)

click here again

then topaz clean (remember image > mode RBG color before using topaz)
the setting is
strength is 2 or 4. threshold is 0.45 - 0.99 or higher
sharpess is 1

texture is 0.6-0.9. always < 1 (texture 1 for redrawer)
usually accent,sharpness and boost need to be 1 and the other settings is variant and not constant.
__
btw is is fun to know that others canvas, make new layer and fill white and move layer clean above then merger layer. it is better than what i've said.
__
after topaz clean, the page will have some dust
level a bit again

then image > canvas size... what was expanded
here is result

it looks good but if you compare to raw you'll see detail was lost (open in new tab to compare)

there are 2 kind of losing detail in this (gradient is not good too but i won't say about gradient)

don't know call "1" is what but "2" is called black line
___
now we will recover 1

Đọc tiếp ở đây: http://choco-vani.blogspot.com/2015/06/httppuu.html   (do bị giới hạn số từ)

Update vào lúc 06:46 14/06/2015

1241 lượt xem

31 Lời bình

Đăng lời bình

Hãy đăng nhập để đăng lời bình

Bài viết mới nhất

Develop by ITE Group